Friday, February 15, 2008

Sea Ranch '07





Sea Ranch, part . . . uh . . . I've lost count
In Which Alex Learns to Rock


Next year, he'll be doing this. Just like his dad.


There was the usual laying-in of stores. The pile of bread was particularly impressive this year:


We brought our tiny little tree, with lights but no ornaments, and decorated it with shells. Alicia made a special guest appearance as knitting instructor and helped decorate the tree.



There was lots of strolling on the beach and taking of photos:




































On Christmas morning, we opened stocking stuffers with Tom and Tristan.



The bear dressed in a lobster suit was a big hit.






Tom got silly putty, with which he amused himself greatly.





Also, some shnazzy tequila with its own carrying strap!




No girls allowed!


Mattie got to wear all of the ribbons



Tristan got not one, but two kinds of Nutella!



Mattie's brain is always working, even when it looks like she's asleep.


Freezer tape! Just what she always wanted!


The collected loot:


T went mushroom hunting with Mattie one morning and found this sign. Yikes!



A dog and her duck



Cathy and Alex in the cold and dark


The Sea Ranch sheep were pastured near the house where we were staying. Mattie was fascinated!


Tristan, Theresa and I drove to Point Arena one morning to look for Al, the Laysen albatross.



And we found him! He just looked like a seagull bobbing in the waves until this surfer paddled up alongside him.











See you next year, Sea Ranch


1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Loved your pictures. Thanks for sharing. I found them when I googled sea ranch sheep. I have a house at Sea Ranch but live in Ohio. I love the sheep and alway search them out when I visit. I have lots of nice pictures of the ranch on my FB page. If you want to see them ask me to be your friend. Ellen Miller Matics is my name.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home