Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why I love my yoga teacher

Besides being inspiring and all-around amazing, she makes me laugh at some point in every class. There we were today, lying on our stomaches, arms crossed under our necks and elbows bent so that our hands joined behind our necks (in my case just barely)--got that image? If not, let's just say it was awkward at best. At which point she says, "This is the Monty Python pose." There are some small giggles from the room. She continues in a British accent, "I'm not dead yet!" "Y'will be soon!"

Despite the dramatic restriction on our breathing everyone cracked up.

In case you haven't seen me in the last two weeks, here she is on the cover of this month's Yoga Journal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tristan said...

I have seen you in the last two weeks, so I fail to see the connection between that and the cover of the Yoga Journal.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Whoops, sorry. Apparently you have been spared my star-struck gushing and being shown a copy of YJ. Next time I see you you will be duly subjected to my ravings :-)

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home