Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Leslie, 1990-June 9, 2008







You were my most darling baby girl for all 18 years of your wonderful life. From the moment you climbed out from under that couch in the trailer and into my lap, I knew you were my kitten. And you were the fiestiest kitten, performing amazing aerial acrobatics in endless pursuit of your stuffed fish, climbing to the highest places you could find, getting yourself plastered into the wall and stuck in a hosiery leg, and generally raising hell. Those first two years of your life were tough for both of us. When I finally kicked Kathy out I gave her two days to take whatever she wanted before I came back and changed the locks. When I returned, most of my stuff was gone but you were waiting for me, paws literally outstretched to jump into my arms, and I knew we were going to be alright, you and me.

After that, you exercised final authority over who I dated. We were both pleased when I settled down with Theresa. And Theresa loved you just as much as you loved her.

We made 9 moves together. I know that you didn't like being uprooted, but you were my heart and my home wherever we went--from Tucson to San Francisco, to Salem then back to San Francisco. I think you might have liked our last stop together the best, watching the birds from the bedroom window and spending sunny weekend mornings out on the balcony.



Whenever I was upset you climbed into my lap and purred and nuzzled until I calmed down.



You were smart and fierce and feisty, adoring and adorable in equal measures.

With Aunt Patty


Feather head

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Pizza said...

Oh, Lisa, she's so beautiful and what a character. Got stuck in a leg of hoisery???? I'd have paid to see that.

What a beautiful way to say good bye -- with a love letter. I'm so sorry I never met her.

Love and more love to all of you.
Lisa2

8:21 PM  
Blogger Animal Advocate said...

I'm so sorry your beautiful girl is gone. I remember her when she was just a tiny kitten, and what a hellion she was! She had a long and wonderful life with you.

Love to you and T and all your furry family members.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Wines for the People said...

I'm so sorry, Lisa. We send our love to you all.

Matt, Marcy & Shiva

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful. The picture of the two of you in the sunlight says so much.
Love and sympathy, Selena

12:38 PM  
Blogger Cecil Anne said...

Crying now. Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry about Leslie. I know how much you loved her and how hard it was to let her go. The pictures, both in this and the later post, are wonderful - I am glad that you have so many that you can remember her by (not that you would need pictures to remember her, I know).

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home