Sunday, September 07, 2008

Some other things we did in Edinburgh

Theresa and I took a leisurely stroll down the East end of the Royal Mile, where things are much less crowded, and discovered a beautiful hidden garden.



What's the Mushroom Trust and how do I become the beneficiary?


We visited Greyfriars Kirkyard, which was appropriately cool in a creepy sort of way.



There's a kitty in that window.


Theresa, Tom and Tristan visited the National Museum (while I lay in bed trying to get unsick). Here is one of my favorite Andy Goldsworthy installations. All the bones from a beached whale, formed into a perfect sphere.



I visited a store called DemiJohn, where they sell all sorts of infused liquors, small batch vinegars, olive oils, and some single malt scotch, all in refillable glass containers. Why don't we have one of these in Ferry Building? How do I go about opening one of my own?


Also, as a special treat, we got to hang out a bit with Ronn and Brendan, who were coincidentally also in Edinburgh enjoying the festival!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home